Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  March 26, 2015 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
happened from a construction crew. there are ladder trucks and firefighters up in the buckets there putting water on the building next door to the building that collapsed. that building also experiencing significant damages, a lot of smoke still in the air here in new york city. >> thank you. hello everyone. i'm greg gutsfeld along with julia lo ks pipinsky. dan torino, "the five." so was the devil their co-pilot? it seems so to the french. >> there was a voluntary intention, refused to open the cabin door to the pilot. he refused to open the cockpit door which started
2:01 pm
the descent procedure for an action we still don't know why but which we can only deduct that it destroyed the plane. >> it's pretty horrible stuff, but at least we know something. a co-pilot deliberately crashing a jet, killing everyone on board. was it planned? spur of the moment? part of a bigger plot? that isn't known yet but here's what we do know. that secured door the unbreakable separation between pilot and passenger, it was a product of 9/11. >> translator: international legislation since 9/11 imposed a double system on the cockpit door so that no one could just enter the cockpit in order to take over the controls of the
2:02 pm
airplane. and the mechanisms is, in fact only inside the cockpit. it's a code, an identification code like a camera where you'll recognize and you have to press the button in order to open the door. >> is to, youso you see that door was one appropriate adjustment which reduced one risk while enabling perhaps another, a rogue pilot, find the unblocked path and never stopping in its quest to penetrate. evil waits is the the feet of the susceptible. the less vulnerable you are the smaller the chance evil can win. so evil, oddly, has a purpose not in simply reducing us to tears but of correcting flaws in the system. if there is any comfort in this horrible event these people died hopefully so far greater numbers do not. the 9/11 deaths were never in
2:03 pm
vain. the spur to action will save many many more thousands. there is no question humans will solve the flaw that allowed this latest murderous attack to happen. no doubt another vulnerability will reveal itself. as we work 9:00 to 5:00, evil is open 24 hours seven days a week. >> this is unique, in my experience, and it was a relief, i guess -- maybe it's not a relief to the victims' families but at least they know what happened. >> you mean able to get some information and clarity and perhaps able to begin to get closure from victims' families where you have the flight from malaysia saying, where is the plane? what happened? this is as a result of 9/11 in the cockpit and security measures. you have to have at least two people in the cockpit at all times, so if one pilot has to go
2:04 pm
to the restroom, there are some means in place. they're going to do this in europe as well which is at a timeaway -- takeaway from this. we are all in this web, and when something like 9/11 happens in the united states, it rippled internationally, seeing how all passengers see airline safety, and this is a by-product of it. >> it's a horrifying thing to even ponder this, because apparently his breathing was normal as he descended, taking his time. do you think that this was something that was planned or spur of the moment? because what if the pilot had never gone to the bathroom? >> i can't imagine it was spur of the moment because he descended for eight to ten minutes. so you have eight to ten minutes where you're thinking, i'm going to crash the plane, and at any point he obviously could have not done that. >> he's saying he didn't know when the pilot would leave to go to the bathroom, but he would probably use the bathroom at some time during that flight so
2:05 pm
he would see an opportunity. >> evan sulky emily sulky, and robert who was a married father of two. they were americans. i cannot imagine what their family is going through. it's a horrible way to live, knowing you're not safe, but anyone can do this. this man -- if this is, in fact, what happened, i don't want to prejudge, but this is evil person personified. unbelievable. >> eric, this can happen with a bus driver anywhere. can you ever eliminate this kind of vulnerability? >> no, and as you point out that 9/11 door that won't let anyone in but maybe someone who wanted to help out the good guy. can i speculate a little early? they said 48 hours after the crash, the officials said there is no ties to extremism.
2:06 pm
48 hours they're going to know there is absolutely no ties -- i hope i'm wrong, but it just seems too strange for a 28-year-old to decide to spend eight minutes locking his pilot out and bearing the plane into the alps. >> i'm glad he was so miserable and hated life so much. >> we don't do this in the u.s., no one does it internationally. psychological testing for pilots every once in a while. >> they do do that. >> until you become a pilot. once you become a pilot, they're done with it. five years down the road has anything changed in your life? just sit down and talk to someone. >> you should talk with family members and do a background check and complete an assessment. >> is that a violation of personal freedoms? if someone is so important in keeping us safe in the air, it doesn't seem like a bad idea. >> if they check on me in here,
2:07 pm
i'm not important at all. are you okay, greg? >> and you still have a job. >> i know. it's hard to believe. we talked about this today, about whether this could have been a seizure, and if someone passes out they fall on the controls. but the descent was so specific. it was pre-programmed. this was a deliberate act. >> the prosecutor was saying today inn and that chilling statement was one that -- we on earth are trying to figure out what possibly could have happened? what was he thinking? and we want to believe the best, so initially we all thought sad, mechanical, unfortunate tragedy. even today we ask, was there a problem? there might not just be an explanation that could ever be reasonable to any of us. i also agree with you that there is no way for any of us to 100% protect themselves from people who are determined to carry out
2:08 pm
an evil deed. it makes sense to me to think if he was that calm knowing, because the saddest thing is when this happened on tuesday, we were saying hopefully it happened so quickly that nobody knew what was happening, that the passengers didn't know, but yet you find out that on the cockpit recorder you can hear passengers screaming in the background so they knew. >> they look out the window and you see you're about to face-plant -- >> and the pilot banging on the door. >> and the pilot banging, the pilot trying to enter the code and this guy manually blocking the access code from the inside. that's why you have to have someone else on the inside of the cockpit. >> not only did he program in the descent into the ground, he also put on the locking mechanism on the outside. it was a bigger plot or someone committing suicide. >> then the humans think how can we reduce our vulnerability,
2:09 pm
and major airlines in europe and canada have said there has to be two crew members regardless. that's another way we learned to protect ourselves. >> we will be talking about the mental state. is that necessarily helpful in the sense that we talk about depression, but there are 350 million people who are depressed around the world and they don't kill hundreds of people. >> that's the problem. what is fit? what is fit to fly a plane? what is fit to drive a bus? you could take somebody out with a truck, you could take somebody out with a car in midtown. if i wanted to plow into ten people on the sidewalk i easily could with my car. and there are some reports that people say he may have gone through depression. a lot of people go through depression. you you don't think about taking out 150 or 250 people, i don't know how many there were, but you don't take out multitudes of people. if you want to kill yourself, you should kill yourself.
2:10 pm
but don't inflict your pain, your desire to end your life on other people. that's the part that doesn't make sense to me. i understand people may want to end their life. i don't judge them for it. but when they end other people's lives, i have to ask them about it. >> it seems like there are more crashes, because i think this is the third or fourth major one in the past 14 months. they are steadily declining, but it's just that the planes are larger so there are more people that are killed. >> and there are civilians being taken out. so this is obviously not a war zone. but you think about what happened when russia shot down that passenger jet and pretty much putin gets away with it. that is also i think, an evil madness where there is absolutely not even any remorse on his part. >> i don't believe this guy did this as a spontaneous act. i think he knew he was going to do this. he waited for the opportunity. the captain was very seasoned, tremendous amount of experience
2:11 pm
flying, 67,000-plus hours. he waited until you were at the legally safest part of the flight to use the restroom, when they had reached that cruising altitude. when that happened, he excused himself to get up and use the restroom. that's when this man locked him out and began his descent. >> there are a lot of airlines that do occasional time off. you need to take x amount of time per year or every three years and then the company does whatever due diligence they do. it wouldn't be a bad idea for our pilots to have that. >> he was only 28. >> they said he had some sort of burnout at 28. he took some months off because of that. >> you barely get more than a year. if it's a private company and you want to work with them you can agree or disagree to do blood testing. they have every right to ask. listen, you want to fly a plane for us, julie? we want you to do drug testing, this and that.
2:12 pm
we have to have the safety of our passengers. when they give us money we have to help them arrive safely to their destination. i'm also going to be talking to your family members. this is a protection for you, for us to make sure because we invest am our employees. sound good? >> sounds great but by all accounts, this guy seemed normal to everyone. >> someone had to know something. >> you touched on something no one has really talked about. were there drugs involved? >> there will be tests to see. because it pulverized the plane and some of the the remains, they're also going to check his backpack see if there were any pills, narcotics something not prescribed. >> every time a bad thing happens they always say the person seemed normal. it almost makes you think you should hang around weird people. >> i did. look at this table. >> i walked into that. does the administration
2:13 pm
regret swapping him with five taliban commandants. the answer to that when we return. no chest-beating monologues about engine size, horsepower, or performance. no anthemic soundtracks to stir the soul. just a ram heavy duty that can carry more weight than any other heavy-duty truck.
2:14 pm
get more facts at ramtrucks.com
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
president obama faces an
2:17 pm
onslaught of criticism for trading five terrorists. for one who staunchly diverted his post, he still defended his position for making that swap. >> we have a basic principle. we do not leave anyone wearing the american uniform behind. i make no apologies for making sure we get back a young man to his parents and that the american people understand that this is somebody's child. and that we don't condition whether or not we make the effort to try to get them back. >> and now that the army has charged bo bergdahl with sdergs a -- desertion along with misbehavior. was this worth it? >> absolutely. we have men and women serving in our military defending our national security every day, and
2:18 pm
we're going to do everything we can to bring them home, and that's what we did in this case. >> kimberly, i'm going to turn the floor over to you because you weren't happy about that. >> no, i said it needs to be friday soon because i need a break from these people, from the nonsense that spews from their tongue like peppermint candy drops. you're coming here to torture me? >> the tone, julia, that's the thing i get. it's like, absolutely you bet. why not just say, this is unfortunate. we are sad for the family. there are a hundred other things they could have said to still up uphold the president's position and not make it sound like, absolutely, we're fine. you can't even do it. >> i can't even do it. >> tone aside tone aside. >> what other alternative was there? i mean we told the truth. >> we wish that we had exercised a little bit more caution in our statement before we said he served with honor and
2:19 pm
distinction. >> that i agree with you but with respect to whether you leave them there or not, i agree you cannot leave someone in an american military uniform as a prisoner of the taliban. we just can't. we bring him here and he has to face american justice. >> he tried to join them. even they didn't want him. >> i don't think there are many people that are disagreeing that we should have tried to get him back somehow. i think they're questioning the swap in terms of the terms of the deal, and also in particular, eric, they're questioning the rose garden ceremony. don't you think they wish they had a do-over on that? >> i'm sure they wish they had a do-over. who thought that was a good idea? who thought susan rice should say he served with honor and distinction, knowing that they were downloading stuff from bo bergdahl from minute one right? so they had to send her out to say that after having probably a good idea that he deserted? you don't even need to download bo bergdahl after he got here. before he even deserted, he
2:20 pm
e-mailed his parents saying i'm out of here, i'm going i don't even like being an american. they had a pretty good idea he was going to end up being a deserter. in fact, colonel schaefer had a good idea he was going to desert them, but they said he served with honor and distinction. >> not only that, but they sent american soldiers his platoon mates to search for him, and six of them died. and i wonder, if you think that even the people on the left that gave the white house the benefit of the doubt, do you think they feel a little disappointed with the white house today? >> i don't think so because the take-home message here is that do they really think that what he did, bergdahl did, was ir irrational? if they believe it was an unjust war, then his behavior was unjust. which is why you will see a fan club of sorts a campus-borne, media-driven clamor for a pardon.
2:21 pm
you will vahave matt damon playing him, sean penn playing his father. this ceremony was supposed to be a big fat gift for obama, and it turned out to be all bow and no present. it was all driven by a bitterness for america that was a combination of retribution and watching too many reruns of "mash." >> i have to think there were policy implications kimberly. i have to think the president thought, this is one way for me to start emptying gitmo. >> that's one oblem, i can't close gitmo. we get rid of them the rest will be easy. >> it was also a way to get out of afghanistan and say we are through with this. but even the president this week had to backtrack on that and i'm glad he did. >> if you can't make a decent deal over a deserter, how in the hell can we expect you to talk nuk nukes with iran? their methods of success are different than ours. president obama will come back one day and say great news.
2:22 pm
iran does not have nukes. oh, and by the way, we are now the united states of iran. >> oh and sorry, israel doesn't exist anymore. but nevertheless my negotiations wrmt with respect to the news were amazing. >> absolutely. tonight on "the oe rile oe riley factor," we banter about the spokesperson. the iranians, a stunning new development, next. ♪
2:23 pm
you exercise. you choose the salad. occasionally. but staying well - physically, financially, emotionally - its hard on your own. so cigna's got your back and your knees, 24/7. cigna's there to answer your questions. or when you need some coaching. in sickness and in health, cigna's there, helping you to get well and stay well.
2:24 pm
that's having a partner, who's with you all the way. cigna.
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
the obama administration may be about to grant a major concession to iran in order to get them to agree to a deal. more on that in a moment. but first to another escalating foreign policy concern: the crisis in yemen. as that country implodes the
2:27 pm
white house is stunningly still hailing it as a counterterrorism success story. >> now that we have essentially complete chaos in yemen does the white house still believe that yemen is the model for counterterrorism strategy? >> the white house does continue to believe that a successful counterterrorism strategy is one that will build up the capacity of the central government to have local fighters on the ground take the fight to extremists in their own country. >> you're saying that you still see yemen as the model? >> john what the united states considers to be our strategy when confronting the effort to try to mitigate the threat that is posed by extremists is to prevent them from establishing a safe haven. >> general jack keane warns that the administration's missteps have repercussions beyond just yemen. >> strategically the balance of power and the political order as we know it in the middle east is shifting. and it's shifting, obviously, in favor of iran.
2:28 pm
these are iranian back movement, the huthis, taking over a country. there is an iranian-backed movement to shiite militia gaining influence in iraq. this is a serious security issue for the united states and the american people, and we have now lost our capability to influence that. >> greg? >> you have to hand it to the obama administration. they're trying to turn yemen into yemenade. >> that's a sure sign. >> we're giving support to those against who we're helping. the strategy is whoever wins, obama is the winner. it's like putting a bunch of bets on a craps table so you might win something. but the bigger problem is that everybody on the planet has an agenda. iran has an agenda isis has an agenda russia has an a general d. but what is the american agenda? you know what obama's agenda is,
2:29 pm
but you don't know america's agenda. you need a president where both agendas come together. right now he's admonishing and correcting the nation that he represents. what's wrong with the air? >> nothing, i'm just ponderring what you're saying. what kind of concessions do you think we need to make? >> the fact this is happening in yemen today could actually be what helps prevent the administration from signing a bad deal about iranian nukes. because on the one hand, we are helping the iranians fight with isis and iraq. on the other hand we are helping -- maybe co vertly, but some people think it should be marked over at least but it rain yanns don't want that. i think in some ways the timing of this could end up working in the long run in america's favor. i agree, greg, in the question about what is america's moochlt
2:30 pm
at the moment? the big cave-in. i guess our latest was not to allow iran to have nuclear enrichment underground where it would be absolutely undetectable. there is no need to have foreign aid in iran, but i guess we are. it's like the person who goes to the car lot and says, i'm going to buy this car no matter what. now let's negotiate. >> or, here's a brand new mercedes -- no i want to pay the same price as i would for the new mercedes. give me the recalled pinto. please. please. what is our foreign policy stance here? >> in yemen, with al qaeda, with isis? >> it's all over the place. >> with the iranians? they're going to watch on monday with some sort of deal that's going to be terrible.
2:31 pm
the iranians are pointing out stupid. we shouldn't give them any. >> they produced 2.3 million barrels per day. that's 10 cents a gallon they can proceed duties oil for free. . right, so he can fut on his deadbeat. and then they go and fix it themselves. >> i don't think we should ask them to put themselves in that position though. it's to enrich uranium. they've done it before, behold blame them for doing it again? >> but they did it before with a reactor built by the french. >> who cares? >> i'll tell you who cares. this uranium is being built by
2:32 pm
the french. they have the building power and the time to build it. >> wait a second. because the french wouldn't come in and reopen. here's the deal. . when you enrich uranium. >> they have to go back to france and say hey france, can you help me rebuild this reactor or and they never do. you kicked it over so you guys have to rebuild it. >> we have to do this every couple years? zs why not. >>. do like a hundred. >> i can't wait for.
2:33 pm
>> >>. >>. i'm shocked that prohibition people wouldn't see it that way. susan's sit-ups. add crunches.
2:34 pm
[ male announcer ] meet jill. she thought she'd feel better after seeing her doctor. and she might have if not for kari,
2:35 pm
the identity thief who stole jill's social security number to open credit cards ruining jill's credit and her dream of retirement. every year, millions of people just like you experience how a little personal information in the wrong hands could wreak havoc on your life. this is identity theft and once every 2 seconds someone becomes a victim. lifelock offers comprehensive identity theft protection. the patented lifelock identity alert system lets you know about threats to your identity by text, phone, or e-mail. and lifelock even offers bank account takeover alerts and alerts for your investment and retirement accounts. lifelock's comprehensive identity theft protection helps guard your social security number, your money, your credit, even the equity in your home. and lifelock's certified resolution agents are there to help restore your identity if you become a victim of identity fraud. they know what to do. and that's not all. lifelock stands behind their protection
2:36 pm
with the power of their $1 million service guarantee. you have so much to protect and nothing to lose when you call lifelock right now and try 60 days of identity theft protection risk free. 60 days risk free. use promo code onguard. order now and get this document shredder to keep sensitive documents out of the wrong hands. a $29 value free. ♪ or go to lifelock.com/onguard to try 60 days of lifelock identity theft protection risk free. and get a document shredder free. ♪ and help protect your identity your money, and your credit. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ (under loud music) this is the place. ♪ ♪ ♪ their beard salve is made from ♪ ♪ ♪ sustainable tea tree oil and kale... you, my friend, recognize when a trend
2:37 pm
has reached critical mass. yes, when others focus on one thing you see what's coming next. you see opportunity. that's what a type e does. and so it begins. with e*trade's investing insights center, you can spot trends before they become trendy. e*trade. opportunity is everywhere. welcome back. time for "the fastest 7.5 minutes on television." three magnificent stories, one much maligned on the show host. taco bell has entered a fast food war with mcdonald's, making these companies defect and run for the border.
2:38 pm
>> because happiness is eating the same breakfast. >> the same breakfast. ♪ ♪ >> where is the rest of them? >> they're coming. >> you're a foodie, k. g. good ad bad ad? >> i think it's a cute ad, but i like both. i like taco bell and i love mcdonald's -- >> i like the egg mcmuffin. >> yeah, the top half is mcdonald's and the bottom half is taco bell.
2:39 pm
>> capitalism through the berlin wall there, what was that? >> there's so many things wrong with tb. they made a three-minute video based on the assumption that people will watch it. i looked at it and there were 313,000 views. meaning there were people at home watching a three-minute video from taco bell which makes me so sad about this country. >> more now. >> but the reason why it's three minutes long is that's how long it takes for taco bell to go in your mouth and come out your butt. >> i'm not opposed to millennials learning about how bad communism is. i'm not equating mcdonald's with communism, but it's not a bad thing for people to know that's what socialism/communism looks like. >> if communism looks like egg mcmuffins i want to go back to the soviet union. >> if i ever got the death
2:40 pm
penalty i always said i want an egg mcmuffin and a double cheeseburger. >> go kill somebody. >> i'm thinking about it. >> mitt romney got some laughs after last night. >> just say you get to sit back play golf go on vacation any time you want. >> aka be president. >> good one, mate. you know me. i love to laugh. ha ha ha. >> if this side of mitt romney were out there on the campaign trail i feel like they really did a disservice not letting people see this. >> i'm going to explode.
2:41 pm
>> as if the media ever gave him an opportunity for this side. this is what upsets me. everybody loves mitt now that he's no longer a threat, now that he's irrelevant. everybody painted him as greedy, aloof hates the poor. >> he hates women. >> he hates women remember the binder. but now that he doesn't mean anything to anyone we can put him on the show. >> he's not a threat. that's human nature, though. >> there is a little bit to be said about the campaign, and maybe even again that goes to the top of mitt romney holding back because he thought it might not be acceptable for him to let loose a little bit. >> to be that rich? >> what works is the authentic mitt romney. any candidate needs to be authentic and they should just be themselves, and that's how you can be more comfortable being in a leadership role. >> i totally agree. but as roman says, mommy, you just love riminy.
2:42 pm
he calls him riminy. he probably wasn't comfortable putting his full self out there. it's unfortunate. the country has suffered as a result of that since we're looking at late night show comedians instead of someone with experience, economic and foreign policy otherwise. too bad. >> can we save time for this one? this one is really cool. >> yeah. >> would you marry someone you just met? would you do anything to be on reality tv married at first sight, season 2? >> do you take him to be your husband? >> i have my doubts now. that's the truth. i'm not attracted to him at all. why did i do this? why did i agree to marry azx5iemxoi=m#u 3>ok stranger? i do. oh my god. >> can i make a recommendation? try it. before you trash it just try the show. i'm telling you, there is something about it very
2:43 pm
addicting. >> the most disturbing thing from your intro is that this is season 2. >> it's craziness. >> ladies you got choices and options now. you don't have to do this. >> dudes, too. >> it's called "married at first sight." it discriminates against the blind, number one. it's also a retread of "married in america" which came out on fox. i have an idea about the opposite called "divorced at last" where you take couples to an island where they can divorce on the condition they marry another person -- that's the point is you get all these people ready to divorce, but they can't get divorced unless they leave with somebody. i'm out of here. >> somebody is going to take that idea i'm not kidding. that's such a good idea. >> no offense, but that's like half the clubs in manhattan. >> they probably already want
2:44 pm
to. >> but it's true because if you're someone not commitment-phobic, you're not in a commitment you're more inclined to give it another shot. >> isn't this what the world has operated on for a my len yum, maybe more. david, you haven't been single long enough. you have no idea how hard it is out there. >> some dangerous rhetoric coming from a lawmaker in nebraska. should this guy be kicked out of office? we report you decide coming up. i was back in college. i even accept that i live with a higher risk of stroke due to afib, a type of irregular heartbeat, not caused by a heart valve problem. but i won't accept giving it less than my best. so if i can go for something better than warfarin ...i will. eliquis. eliquis...
2:45 pm
. major bleeding than warfarin... eliquis had both. that really mattered to me. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis you may bruise more easily and it may take longer than usual for any bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden signs of bleeding like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. i accept that i'm not as fast, but i'm still going for my personal best... and for eliquis. reduced risk of stroke... plus less major bleeding. ask your doctor... if eliquis is right for you.
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
female announcer: sunday's your last chance to save big during sleep train's triple choice sale. for a limited time you can choose up to 48 months interest-free financing on a huge selection of tempur-pedic models. or choose to save hundreds on simmons beautyrest mattress sets. you can even choose $300 in free gifts with sleep train's most popular stearns & foster mattresses. the triple choice sale ends sunday at sleep train. ♪ sleep train ♪ your ticket to a better night's sleep ♪
2:48 pm
the state senator of nebraska is backing down from his inflammatory remarks of turning police into isis. here's what he said on friday. >> if i was going to carry a weapon it wouldn't be against you, it wouldn't be against these people who come here that i might have a dispute with. mine would be for the police. and if i carried a gun, i'd want to shoot him first and then ask questions later. nobody from isis ever terrorized us as a people as the police do
2:49 pm
daily. >> oh yikes. those remarks have obviously set off a firestorm but he won't apologize despite numerous calls for him to. here's my problem with this kind of rhetoric. the guy is obviously trying to make a point of what he feels is police brutality. why do you have to go there? this is what i found about people when they start debating. you see this all the time when it's quintessential tv or politics or anybody on the street, they take it to an insane point where, instead of making your case you start comparing people to isis kimberly. what do you think about it? >> it's so insulting and so disrespectful. this kind of rhetoric, why does this guy even have a job? i don't understand why people tolerate this kind of nonsense. he knows what he's saying is false, too, so he has no credibility. >> he backpedalled, right? he said, i'm not advocating anybody in my community go out and shoot people. you kind of just did, right?
2:50 pm
>> did we leave something out of those banners in that intro? nebraska state senator democrat? did we forget senator, democrat. did we forget to do that? they're all independent. >> sorry. >> let's put it this way, liberal. >> how do you know? >> because that is the -- look at everyone who has trashed the cops. it's coming from the left. >> but eric, it's not -- i'm sure this guy is a liberal, but it's not like conservatives haven't done this kind of stuff, too. >> comparing cops to isis? >> you have people of both stripes saying insane things making their point. >> use your words use your logic bring your facts and statistics. reckless and irresponsible rhetoric like this could lead to him needing protect. and guess who would provide that to him? the police. >> again, i have to go back to the fact that yes, i understand
2:51 pm
there may be frustration with the way the police have treated some people in his community. that may be his frustration, but why go there? just make your point. >> the reason he did it is, everybody knows that -- inflammatory rhetoric has been around forever and it will never go away. i agree it's on the left, it's on the right. there's always somebody comparing somebody to hitler. that will never go away. they'll say you're worse than hitler. so you just kind of say whatever. but this guy doesn't help his community. the obstacle to good policing is integration. more minorities on the police force so you reflect your community. >> that's a good point, because -- >> not in nebraska. that place is going to drop in the polls after this.
2:52 pm
definitely not retiring there. >> i want to know where his political contributions went. >> why does it matter? >> i have a hunch it's going to the left. >> it's not like republicans and conservatives haven't said as equally stupid stuff. one more tng is up next. ♪ ah, push it. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ push it. ♪ ♪ p...push it real good! ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ow! ♪ ♪ oooh baby baby...baby baby. ♪ if you're salt-n-pepa, you tell people to push it. ♪ push it real good. ♪ it's what you do. ♪ ah. push it. ♪ if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance you switch to geico. it's what you do. ♪ ah. push it. ♪ i'm pushing. i'm pushing it real good!
2:53 pm
♪ help northern china reduce its reliance on coal fire heating plants and prevent 60 million tons of co2 emissions? when emerson takes up the challenge it's never been done before simply becomes consider it solved. emerson.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
one more thing, kim. >> i've got the best one ever. listen, this is super cute. nigel hayes is an ncaa basketball star for the wisconsin badgers and participated in a press conference with two of his teammates. listen to what happened. >> gosh, she's beautiful. did you hear that? >> i heard that. >> all right. so we'll open it up to questions. >> so embarrass eded. it's very cute. who is he talking about? >> i want to know if he went on a date. >> who uses gender pro-nouns any way. >> so i'm hosting "o'reilly" tonight and there's going to be a very special guest dana
2:57 pm
perino. can you all promise to dvr it? >> what's going on did you break up greg and dana? watch "the factor" tonight. >> caution. >> caution, i'm pointing. >> do you remember a couple years ago, i went to the congo and went to visit mercy ships, the charitable hospital ships. they're in madagascar right now and we have a video they're giving to us first. this is a shortstop snippet of it. >> we took the tube out and he woke up and was giving us thumbs up, telling us he was okay. when he was awake enough we showed him his face. i remember him reaching to where the tumor used to be. his stand stops right here. >> so mercy ships is amazing.
2:58 pm
they do not waste a single dollar, and for the book tour i have for three days, if anyone preorders, i'll donate $2 to that total to mercy ships. you have to see the amazing miracle that happened between when he arrived to when he left. >> very nice. my brother made a donation to them in your honor. make another one, anthony. >> "greg's fact." >> do you know how many calories were burned at this table today? >> not enough. >> 235. >> close. 170 calories were burned. an average human being burns 34 calories an hour by sitting and talking. so together, if you multiply by five that's 170 calories the equivalent of one low fat cone from mcdonald's.
2:59 pm
>> and speaking of mcdonald's, thank you for the segue. mcdonald's, in addition to having the delicious egg mcmuffins is coming out with a new fashion line. they go for around $70, which is money well spent. >> what are those? >> little bigmacs. combined with the amazing burger cologne that we talked about last week i'm all for it. >> before we go a lot of you have been asking about bob because you love him so much. so we wanted to give you an update. today, bob had his major back surgery in a new york area hospital. we know you love him and send your best wishes and we do, too. >> absolutely.
3:00 pm
bob, get better. and miss you a lot. >> everybody has been missing him. >> any prescription drugs that you have left over, me. that's it for us. "special report" is next. prosecutorers say that doomed german airliner was brought down deliberately. this is "special report." good evening. i'm chris wallace in for bret baier. stunning news today. the co-pilot deliberately locked the pilot out of the cockpit, then flew that germanwings jet with 150 people on board into a mountain. there are only a handful of examples in the last few decades when a pilot brought down an airliner intentionally. investigators are trying to sort out what made him do it. we have fox

60 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on